Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Allentown smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete control of your Allentown home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Allentown help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or saved video from your connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Allentown by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The main screen will display a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Allentown
Although various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, select phone or email and submit the details to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Allentown security system. Call (601) 514-6514 to get started.